BMW R1200GS Protection - Valve Cover & Cylinder (Dakar)
Valve Cover & Cylinder Protectors Dakar - Left + Right
Life insurance for the exposed and damage-prone cylinder head covers!
The goal was to create a strong and robust guard, offering outstanding protection but with an elegant, unobtrusive appearance. This could not be achieved to our standards by simply forming a single piece of aluminum.
The result of extensive testing and design led to this intricate three-piece design, where the impact point is protected, supported by an upper and lower piece of 3 mm thick hard anodized aluminum, each of which also protects the valve cover.
The leading and trailing edges of the valve cover are protected by a double layer of aluminum and therefore have 6 mm of aluminum protection. Two of the three mounting points also benefit from this two-layer design, making the attachment points of these covers particularly robust.
- Protection from impacts falls and slides
- No more grinding of holes in the cover.
- Protects the cylinder head cover from moving and destroying the bolt threads in the cylinder (cover attachment to head is “floating”, without protection it could move at impact).
- Protection for the front attachment bolt.
- Load is spread over many points via flexible 3M rubber bumpers.
- No bolts etc at the front impact area.
- Thick billet slide pad on each side.
- 3 major double strength attachment points.
- Powder-coated aluminum.
- Spark plugs can be reached without dismantling.
- Easy to fit
The original plastic protectors usually shatter at minor incidents or simply fold back, we recommend fitting these protectors as a preventive measure. During the development and testing of this part (road/off-road/track using several bike models with the customary slides and falls) we never had to use the emergency rubber cap.
Sold as a complete set for the left and right side.
Replacement contact pads are available under the Related Products tab.
Please note: The protectors fit in combination with the original BMW crash bars, when mounting with Wunderlich crash bars the mounting kit 35611-000 is required.
Share this Product
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.