BMW R1200GS Ergonomics - DualControl Brake Lever Extension
AltRider DualControl Brake System for the BMW R 1200 GS Water Cooled :
The average person takes 0.5 to 1 full second to react to hazards. Traveling at 60 MPH, a rider will travel 25 to 50 feet before being able to properly react. Most OEM brake pedals have a single-positioned small footprint, yet most ADV riders substantially change foot positioning as they switch between standing and sitting. If your foot is not already situated correctly on the rear brake pedal, you are now potentially doubling reaction time and distance to make what could be a critical stop. This is why you see all motorcycle racers with 1 or 2 fingers on the front brake lever in photographs. AltRider has taken away this additional hazard with the patent pending DualControl Brake System. There are three parts to the AltRider DualControl Brake System that enhance control and reaction time; a riser, an enlarger plate, and a brake snake.
When in a seated position, a rider’s bent knee naturally puts the angle of the foot pointed down 90 degrees from the lower leg, while a standing position creates a straighter leg and raises the angle of your foot to a more horizontal position. Using the OEM brake pedal, there is no way to keep the correct brake control position when both sitting and standing. With the AltRider enlarger and 25.4 mm (1 inch) riser combined, there are now two levels in which to engage the rear brake, putting your foot in optimal position regardless of riding position.
The ever-changing terrain of off-road riding means your entire body is constantly moving and adjusting. The billet aluminum enlarger plate gives your foot a greater surface area to work with, affording you more control of the rear brake. The enlarger plate is precision fit to each bike model ensuring long-term stability. Optional and replaceable grip pins are provided for further customization.
The area between the brake pedal and the bike is one of the most susceptible areas for debris. As you ride, plants naturally wedge into the open crevice, getting stuck and building up. This can cause the mild steel lever to easily bend out of position resulting in a loss of proper usage of the rear brake. With abrasion-resistant braided stainless steel, the AltRider Brake Snake is intelligently integrated into the patent pending DualControl Brake System, preventing debris from gathering and bending the lever. Brake Snake is only available in silver.
All three products are available separately or as a kit. AltRider Enlarger is required for use of Riser and Brake Snake.
- Stainless steel bottom plate and hardware to endure the abrasions of off-road riding
- 100% designed and manufactured in the USA
- 25.4 mm (1 inch) riser height
- Optional and replaceable pins included for enhanced grip
- Enlarger and Riser available in black or silver
- Fitment on Adventure model requires installation of standard brake pedal, BMW part# 35_0380
- Patent Pending
Brand : Alt Rider,USA
Part No :AR R113-1-2532
This section does not apply to the "Used" listings.
Shipping timelines -
- If the item is in stock it will ship within 2 business days
- If the item is not in stock (and is on pre-order/back order) it will ship within 2 business days of it coming into stock
- Generally items take between 4-7 days from the time they are delivered to the courier company
- If your order is urgent, please email us or call us to confirm stock
- If yours is a multi-product, different products may ship from different locations at different times.
- You will receive an email every time a product ships.
Delivery areas -
We ship all across India. Delivery timelines may vary based on location and mode of shipping.
Share this Product
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.